Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Swollen eyes, MRI's and Wishing I Could Fix This

I went to the doctor yesterday. She thinks I have a sinus infection. However if the swelling in my eyes doesn't go away by thursday I have to get an MRI. Kindof lame if you ask me. So she put me on some antibiotics and I have missed 2 days of work. Running a fever, sleeping way more than I have in a long time. I would say the majority of my days have been spent sleeping. I can't really drive because my perefrial vision is all messed up. It's weird.

I was telling MarthaJoy today on the phone that being sick makes you lonley. And I am already lonley as it is, so the sickness just adds to that. Sometimes you just want someone to take care of you. I am not going to pretend that I am not sad about my recent breakup because frankly, I am. I am sad, confused and hurt. So being sick just adds to all those feelings. I don't know what I could do to fix this. Maybe I can't do anything, but I wish I could.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It is now 1:19 pm. I could be doing better things today. More productive things today. In Psalms 24 (I think) David talks about finding rest while in battle. While his enemies are coming against him he still takes time to worship and praise the living God; to lay down his sword. I did that today. Well, hypothetically.

See, I feel like crap. Emotionally and physically. But instead of being all pissed off about it, instead of blaming God and becoming bitter at Him about it I praised him. Literally. I grabbed my guitar and worshipped. And I had this overwhelming experiance. God is good, he is for me, and if I call he will be faithful to answer-he will come to my rescue. To think that being a christian in this world we only get to experiance snid-bits of the presence of God; I can only imagine what heaven will be like and what worshipping and praising God in heaven will be like. I already get overwhelmed here on earth trying to understand the concept of worshipping my Father in heaven, so when I get to do that eternally for ever, man, that will be intense.

No comments: