Monday, April 23, 2007

i've made the transition

Sometimes I look at the reformed–charismatic movement and think "it's just a fad." It is in fact a fad. However that doesn't mean there isn't truth to be found within it. I love City Hill Fellowship because it is slightly reformed, charismatic and not afraid to move where the Holy Spirit leads the church. City Hill is becoming more and more well balanced with every passing day. So, I am not one for fads, and with the reformed–charismatic movement came the ESV Translated bible. After spending much time in prayer over whether or not I should make the switch from KJV to the ESV I finally did it. I didn't want to do it to fallow the fad, but I didn't want to not fallow the fad if it is something that I should do. So I did it. I bought an ESV Bible. I like it a lot and I am very excited to study out of it regularly.

This past weekend was a blast. Friday night I made enchiladas for Zach, Nathaniel and Seth. Then us four as well as Karen and Charlie sat around and talked about the young adult movement and where we are going to go next. We decided that by this Friday we were going to have a name to slap onto our once or twice a month meeting. I'm excited to see what we come up with. After that Zach, Nathaniel, Seth and I prayed for each other and I went home only to go to bed at about 3:00 am. Saturday I hung out with MarthaJoy a majority of the day and then she went with me to karaoke night at the Gills with a bunch of people from Prepare Ministries. It was pretty fun and we may have sung Mmboy and These Boots are Made for Walking. Sunday I woke up bright and early and led worship at church (which went really, really well). I got a word from former Senior Pastor Jim McCracken, which was pretty sweet. I then went over to Zach's where he, Karen, Charlie, Lisa, Nathaniel, Matt, Bonnie and I ate lunch together, played some ultimate frisbee (in the pouring rain), ate some ice cream, talked theology, everyone but Zach, Nathaniel and I left so we embraced MNT (Mutual Nap Time) while Zach read from The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer out loud to me. It was one of the best weekends I have ever had. I am happy I have started to embrace large groups of people and getting to know the young people from my church. It's great to have people interested in the same things as me. To have Jesus as the common denominator in our relationships is better than any other mutual interest.

No comments: