Friday, April 13, 2007

My First Ride!

So I went for my first bike ride of the season tonight. I mean I guess it's not really my first since I rode a bit in the winter--but I didn't ride much and it sure felt like my first ride. I went 9 miles. Not very long, but definatly long enough being that my mono isn't totally out of my system yet (I'd say I am sitting at a 96%). I took my track bike out to Victoria and met my friend Kevin for dinner at School of the Wise (aka glorious food. Holy crap it was so good).

I also found out today that Penn Cycle will be putting on their Buck Hill MTB races this year. I am excited because I wanted to try those out last year. And, I have my first Mountain Bike Patrol on Sunday April 29th at the Iron Man Bicycle Ride. So I am just a busy kind of girl. It feels good to be getting back into the swing of things. The month of March was a kind of a dud. I had made some indefinate plans on some of the weekends that ended up not happening for circumstances that don't matter now... either way I had a lot of time to do stuff but nothing to fill that time with in March. Finally now in April my life is getting back to how it was around November or December of 2006. It's nice to fill my time--and finally I am not filling it out of lonliness but because I desire to do the things I am doing. You are only young once, and God wants to do things without life, and to impact His kingdom in our singleness--so I've decided to embrace it.

No comments: