Monday, April 16, 2007

Something Sweet is Born

So I was not super excited about MarthaJoy and Nora's leaving this summer, untill I took iniciative and got super involved at my church. So here's the story. I really want to get to know people my age. I didn't really go to school right out of highschool so I never got to be part of the college-social-scene. I didn't have a lot of friends growing up so all in all I have had a lack of people my own age. Just over a week ago a guy from my church called me up and said a bunch of people were going over to the Ministry House (affiliated with my church, City Hill) to hang out. I am not one to go to something like that by myself, however I was aquainted with a lot of the people who were going to be there so I though, "hey, why not? What's stopping me?" I stepped out of my comfort zone and hey, I actually made some new friends. And they are the type of people that love Jesus enough to make right choices (well, not all the time. No one's perfect!) Either way, I have had it on my heart to get something going at my church aimed at young people. 20-somethings, if you will. See we have a ministry for college students affiliated with the church, but what about the kids that don't go to college, or stick around the Twin Cities for school? What do they have to feed their spiritual hunger after they ditch youth group? So out of that hunger a new Young Adults Ministry at City Hill Fellowship is being birthed. I am way excited about it. God has a heart to do this at my church and He has instilled that desire within a few key players and now the ball is rolling.

This summer is pretty much going to be the sweetest. I'll be doing worship every other weekend, Young Adults stuff, Mountain Biking, ahh. It is the greatest. God is good.

No comments: