Thursday, February 15, 2007

Satisfaction and Yearning

Its funny how the ups and downs in life make you feel like a really happy moment in your life is the happiest you have ever been. Is there ever a "happiest moment" though? When I think back on past memories, of happiness, friends, and family I sometimes wish I was still in those moments in time; wishing they could freeze and I would be stuck in that snap-shot memory. However then I come to my senses and realize how much of life now I love. Was I happy in my past? Yes. Am I happier now? Yes. Is that how life will work? Can I get happier than I am now? Is there more joy than the joy I am experiencing in life today? I won’t believe that I have reached the peak of life’s joys. It's that odd sense of satisfaction and yearning. I am satisfied with life today, I couldn't be more content but I won’t settle for just this—there must be more than this.

My worship Pastor Stu called me on Tuesday. I am on a worship team at my church but I haven’t really been the go-to leader of the team. Judah, the team leader is getting married in a few weeks and took 4 months off of leading after that. Stu asked me to take over the team. These first four months will be the preliminary "try out" time. He trusts my judgment but can't completely hand a whole group of musicians over to me just yet. So the pastors of my church will be watching me and my leadership style over these next few months to asses my ability to lead a congregation of 200+ families in worship at church. It's pretty intense. I could be scared, and I know there will be many tests over these next months but I am ready to step up to the plate on this one. This is what I was made for.

No comments: