Sunday, February 18, 2007

What it takes to make it

Giving up is a really easy option. However it can also be a really difficult option. In two different scenarios giving up could be the greatest thing you've done, or the worst thing. Some think that when the going gets tough its best to just keep going, to move on past and forget about that hard thing in life. That right there is the easy option. To decided to not work at something, or somethings that probably are worth your time.

But the other giving up is the giving up controll of your life, your fate and your destiny. That kind of giving up, the "holding on" to what you think is yours is essential, at least for me it was and is. To know there is something bigger than myself and giving up my life to that, that kindof giving up is the right kind.

I am struggling latley with both types of giving up. Things are hard for me right now in a few different areas in life. I want to desperatly do what is right, and sometimes its hard to see what that is. And sometimes I want to hold the keys to my own life and do what I want to do. But then I think back on the past 3 years and remind myself how well that goes over, my living for myself. (For the record, the past 3 years generally sucked.)

What does it take to make it?

No comments: